Proudly Serving America's Electric Cooperative Network
Created and owned by America’s electric cooperative network, CFC—a nonprofit finance cooperative with approximately $24 billion in assets—provides unparalleled industry expertise, flexibility and responsiveness to serve the needs of our member-owners.
Together, CFC and its affiliates, the National Cooperative Services Corporation (NCSC) and the Rural Telephone Finance Cooperative (RTFC), provide financing to member organizations and affiliates in 48 states, the District of Columbia and two U.S. territories.
- Our Members | CFC supports the electric cooperative network’s mission to deliver safe, affordable and reliable power to 42 million consumers. Learn More »
- Co-op Governance | CFC is guided by a 23-member board of directors exclusively made up of electric co-op directors and executives.
Learn More »
- Financial Strength | CFC’s loans outstanding totaled $23.2 billion at May 31, 2016. CFC maintains diverse funding sources, including more than $4 billion in member investments. Learn More »
- Principles and Values | CFC’s operations are grounded in the seven Cooperative Principles, and we adhere to our values of service, integrity and excellence. Learn More »
- History | Electric cooperatives created CFC in 1969 as a nonprofit lender charged with raising funds from the capital markets for its member-owners. Learn More »